LIFE/Red+Black: Subversive's social calendar
The evil geniuses behind the "Tekken Torture Tournament" (DIY electric shock S&M for gamers - a modified Playstation converted onscreen virtual damage into non-lethal electric shocks. Ow?) and 3D multiplayer game series "Endgames," (based on chaos theory/alternative utopias/changes in critical apocalyptic events) are having a little get-together.
Hang out and talk architecture, psychology, neurophysiology, design, entertainment, and life, and catch up on recent performance/installation projects.
The Los Angeles Art and Technology Hacker Club is a come-as-you-are (or as someone else) group formed for people interested in doing weird, cool things with electronics. The group meets at 7pm monthly at irregular intervals, at c-level, in Chinatown/Los Angeles.
Directions to c-level:
1. Find yourself in front of "FULL HOUSE RESTAURANT" located at 963
N. Hill Street in Chinatown.
2. Locate the alley on the left hand side of Full House.
3. Walk about 20 feet down the alley (away from the street).
5. Notice dumpster on your right hand side.
6. Take a right and continue down the alley.
7. Exercise caution so as not trip on the wobbly cement blocks underfoot.
8. The entrance to C-Level is located 10 yards down on left side, behind
a red door, and down a black staircase.
Don't tell them we sent you.
Find other interesting places in the July 2004 issue of "Arte Six".